If you’re searching for healthy, glowing skin, The Perfect™ Derma Peel may be for you. At Dr. K’s Med Spa, we offer this remarkable solution to tone, tighten, and improve the brightness of your skin. You can say goodbye to dull, uneven complexions in as little as one treatment with this dermal peel.
How Does it Work?
The way The Perfect™ Derma Peel works is through its powerful medical-grade formulation. Ingredients in the peel include:
- Glutathione – a peptide that works as a brightener, and coenzyme that reduces inflammation at a cellular level
- Trichloroacetic acid (TA) – a peeling agent that aids in the reduction of pigmentation, signs of aging, and acne
- Salicylic acid – a type of beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps exfoliate skin and unclog pores by breaking apart the attachments between cells in the outer layers of skin
- Retinoic acid – a derivative of retinol (vitamin A) that increases collagen production, reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots, and stimulates the creation of new blood vessels which improves skin color and softens rough patches of skin
- Kojic acid – visible skin-lightener that also acts as an antimicrobial to reduce acne caused by bacteria on the skin
- Phenol – skin brightener and anti-bacterial agent that also acts as a mild numbing agent
- Vitamin C – an antioxidant brightener that improves skin-firmness and evens skin tone
What to Expect
A trained medical professional will apply the dermal peel to your face, which generally takes about 15 minutes. Afterward, you will need to leave the mask on for six hours. We will provide you with a home-care kit, which includes The Perfect™ Derma Moisturizer with 1% hydrocortisone and Post-Peel Towelettes. These products will help calm any itching, tightness, or redness that occurs over the next few days as the peel begins to work.
During the first couple of days after your treatment, you may not notice any difference in your skin. Typically around the third day is when most patients report that the outer layer of skin, the epidermis, begins to peel. This peeling will last three to four more days – gently resurfacing your skin within seven to ten days.
It will be tempting to pick, peel, or slough the shedding skin, but you should avoid doing so as it can lead to scarring. During this time, if the shedding is bothering you, you can use a small pair of cuticle scissors to trim away the parts that are loose but take care not to pull on the skin that has not lifted yet.
For maximum results, we recommend two to four treatments with The Perfect™ Derma Peel at four-week intervals. Afterward, maintenance treatments can be performed once every three to six months.
To schedule an appointment for The Perfect™ Derma Peel, please call our office at (727) 518-1000, and a friendly member of our staff will be happy to assist you!