What is Medical Micro-Needling?
For skin micro-needling, we use an electric skin needling device made especially for this purpose. The device is a pen shaped studded with 12 very fine needles. It is a medical device used in micro needling to break down old superficial scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
What conditions can be treated or improved with Medical Micro-Needling?
- Mild acne scarring; any new or old scars
- Skin texture and pore size
- Decrease oiliness in the skin seborrhoea
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve the efficacy of medical skincare creams
- Minimize acne
How many skin needling procedures does one need?
Each patient’s skin condition determines the number of treatments that are needed. Mild acne scars may need between three and four treatments, while thermal burns and stretch marks may need five or more. Conditions such as wrinkles caused by aging, one or two refresher treatments are recommended per year.
Does the treatment hurt?
With the use of an effective topical numbing cream, it is tolerated very well and best of all the downtime is minimal with most clients returning to normal activities within 24 to 48 hours. The entire treatment including numbing takes less than an hour, depending on size of the area treated.
What areas can be treated?
Micro needling can safely be used on nearly all parts of the body with the most frequent treatmens being on the:
* MicroPens use sterile single-use surgical grade disposable needle tips. There is no potential for cross contamination between patients because there is never a re-use of needles.
* Adjustable needle penetration depths allows a custom treatment program for your specific skin problems and preferences for treatment aggressiveness.
* Micro needling is safe for ALL skin types. This is a boost for skins that have a tendency to over react to heat based treatments or those with ultra sensitive skins which do not tolerate heat treatments well.
* Dr. K’s Med Spa prefers the cordless MicroPen because it allows unrestricted movements to reach all facial areas without the interference of cords or wires.